Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still Pregnant

My due date isn't for five more days, but I'm ready to meet the baby now. With Henry I knew he would be late, possibly by one or even two weeks, and I don't remember being impatient for him to come out. (Of course, he arrived on his due date.) This time I had a feeling the baby would be early, so in my mind he should have been here already.

The take-away from this is that my intuition sucks.

Maybe part of the problem, too, is that I have so many more complaints this time around. Hemorrhoids, crotch pain, left ear plugging up, constipation, back ache, you name it.

Also, last time at this point my time was my own. I had stopped working when I hit eight months. I could sleep late, nap during the day, and then stay up to watch a movie with my husband. Now I'm pretty much at Henry's beck and call, shuttling him to activities, doing art with him, reading to him, and then too tired at night to do anything but try to sleep. I can't complain about this part, though, because it's what I wanted, and in general I love it.

Mostly, I think, I'm ready for the next stage of my life to begin. I want to see how this labor goes (I'm hoping to be more aware and in control this time, as much as possible at least) and to meet this little guy. I'm so curious to see what he's all about. Will he be a blondie, like I was? Will he be a good sleeper (please, please)? Will he like art as much as Henry does, or will he be athletic, or into something else entirely?

There's a lot to look forward to, and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment