Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sweet Dreams

Tonight after I laid down with Silas until he fell asleep -- reading a godawful Go Diego Go book, talking about how my "missows" no longer have milk, repeatedly "making the covers bigger" or watching him kick them off, singing "Happy Birthday to Silas" for no apparent reason -- I went in to Henry's room to do our nightly ritual of my reading aloud to him (Percy Jackson of late), watching some Brainpop movies and snuggling for a few minutes.

But instead of finding Henry reading or drawing or looking at Lego catalogs, I found this.


Henry drove me a little crazy today. I'm fighting off some relentless virus and he just would.not.stop.talking.LOUDLY.

But look at my boy. He is just so beautiful and peaceful.

Until he wakes up and realizes that he missed our evening routine...

No comments:

Post a Comment