Saturday, March 12, 2011

Silas, 15 weeks & 5 days


Silas is such a joy. So beautiful, so sweet, so smiley. We always thought Henry seemed like an old soul; Silas just seems innocent and new.

We continue to marvel at his bright blue eyes and reddish blonde hair. He has rolled over multiple times, once even getting his arm out from under himself -- but hasn't attempted it again since. He's laughing with more frequency. When he needs to sleep his cry becomes more guttural, and if I hold him in my lap with his body curled around me and his face buried in the crook of my arm, he falls asleep easily.


Henry still, for the most part, ignores Silas, but every now and then I see a glimmer of what their relationship might become. Tonight I was home alone trying to get both boys ready for bed by myself. I put Silas, who was droopy, in his bouncy seat in one bedroom with the light off while I went to brush my teeth.

I was hoping that he would fall asleep so I could brush Henry's teeth and read to him without having to hold a squirming baby. While I was in the bathroom I could hear Henry talking, too loudly, and when I was done I found him in the same room as Silas, with the overhead light on. I admonished him, and he said, "Silas was fussing, so I went in to keep him company."


By the way, here's a picture of Henry wearing an owl mask he made at storytime last week:


He's at that age where he won't let us take a normal photo of him, so this is the best I can do for now. It was so much easier when he was an infant and I could stick him somewhere and take shot after shot.


Yeah. Kind of like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment