Monday, August 1, 2011

Henry Quotes (July 2011 Edition)

HENRY: I'm going to do something I've been thinking about doing for a long time: make a model of a penis. In three dimensions.

My stepdaughter was telling us about the rides she went on at the waterpark yesterday: The Plunge, The Sting Ray, etc. She said that for one she kept her arms folded in and it dropped her ten stories, but she couldn't remember what it was called. From the other room Henry piped up, "The 'Kill Yourself'?"

HENRY: Who keeps not putting clean underwear in my drawer?

I set Silas down so I could eat my breakfast. He started fussing and I said, "Do you want me to have soggy granola? Is that what you want?" and Henry said, "No, he wants ATTENTION."

HENRY (while out on a walk): Why is that sprinkler on if there's no one around to run through it?

Henry told me that he wanted to keep his birthday party small this year, because "last year there were too many people and it was too hard to keep under control."

Nova DVD: The Great Pyramid of Cholula is the largest pyramid ever constructed.
HENRY: Ha ha, very funny. That's not true.
(FYI, the one at Cholula is the largest by volume; the Great Pyramid of Giza is the tallest, which is what Henry was thinking. So he's contrary, but with reason.)

ME: Aw, did Venus come to keep you company?
HENRY: Yeah, and I can't even THINK with all this purring!

HENRY: Play a game with me. ("Play a game" means pretend something.)
ME: No thanks.
HENRY: You have to! Okay, I'll give you three options. If you don't pick anything, I'll choose for you.

I got out of the van at Outpost & Henry said, "I'll unbuckle myself. You unbuckle the baby -- otherwise known as Silas."

No comments:

Post a Comment